Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stay the Course

Do you have trouble finishing what you start? Do you have scrapbooks or photo albums half assembled? Did you ever start a remodeling project and just not complete it? How about sewing or journaling, painting or organizing? I have a few of these unfinished projects around my house, but more disappointing are the life goals I  set and ventured to complete that I dropped along the way. Oh, I started full speed ahead with enthusiasm, but as soon as the "price" to finish was greater than my desire to accomplish it...I justified leaving it behind. Now, don't get me wrong. I am all for lightening my load of things that won't get me closer to my goal. But, I think there is no better time than January 1st to take two steps back...pick up the unfinished projects that you were once enthusiastic about and plan to complete them. If you find some baggage back there that won't move you forward...leave it...it will only way you down. Do the hard work to stay the course....no matter how big or small the goal. Maybe it's that book you started, that class you dropped, that small business you invested in, or maybe a friendship you never really gave a chance. Whatever it is, the dream was there for a reason and it deserves your best. Not only is it honorable to finish what we start, but it opens  opportunities to do new and greater things...

No comments:

Post a Comment