Monday, January 9, 2012

Will It Get Easier?

Yes!!!  Don't you love it when someone can answer a hard question like that for you?  Being a single mom, I often get asked by other moms if "it" gets easier.  Well, if your asking if the laundry pile ever gets smaller, do the dishes ever go away, does the housework ever get less, do the children ever stop bickering, or do I ever get much sleep?  I change my answer to "no." At least not for a while that is.  Life has cycles. You may be in the workaholic cycle, baby cycle or the toddler or teen cycle.  And if you are crazy enough...all of those at one time...lol...If your in the empty nest cycle, well, I'm thinking that looks a little easier on the chores but maybe not the heart.  I'm not there yet.  However, my "yes" applies to perspective.  Every year that goes by, I learn more, I laugh more, I stress out less, I look for the positive in every situation, and I realize how fast my life is flying by. I won't to experience more joy don't you? When you change your perspective it does get easier.  Whatever amount of sleep you get is just enough, there is always something clean to wear. It may be in a pile on the kitchen table, but it's clean.  There is always the option of paper plates, and things could be worse with your children, so bickering about clothes or toys or who touched who...just doesn't matter anymore. It gets easier because you look at it differently.  You cherish the moments with your kids when you have them.  You learn to be thankful that your crazy busy job pays for more than you need instead of thinking you need more. You begin to relax about your chores and look for ways to simplify your life, and "love" is at the top of your list....loving family, loving friends, loving your spouse...just plain pouring out love to all you know.  Try it today, and life will just seem easier...bills and challenges won't just disappear...although, I ask for that from time to time...but the pressures of life won't seem so overwhelming and you can tell others...it does get easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment