Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pure as the white fallen snow....

When the word pure pops into my mind I think of clean, white, strong, naive, honest and gentle, untainted, precious and valuable, and for sure rare.  Some of these words actually seem like opposites.  So, how can they all describe the same word?  I love looking out at the snow and thinking of that very question.  It is beautiful and covers so many ugly things. It comes from the heavens, children love to play in it and make snowmen and snow angels.  It often brings a break from our daily routines, whether we like it or not.  Yet, it also brings cursing on the way to work, accidents and uneasy drivers. It brings shoveling or possibly even electric lines down which as you know leads to more troubles.  I am fascinated with this word because it's the very thing I strive for but yet seems the most unattainable.  One scripture I came across is in the Old Testament in the book of Leviticus.  It talks about the Old Testament Priests and how they needed to be pshycially pure so that they would be a representation of Christ's perfection as our High Priest.  When I understood this passage it all made sense.  God welcomes us into His presence and accepts us no matter how unpure we may be.  BUT, when we come before Him in worship, like the symbolism on the high priests in the O. T...we MUST be sure our hearts are clean, having no pride or harboring no blemish of impurity.  It gave me HOPE!  Then I read I Peter chapter 1 in the New Testament...and there I found the blueprint for purity.  Go ahead read it...see what it says to you.  Just as I love the white fallen snow....I love you my brother...from the heart...this has helped me in my search for the "white picket fence" I so desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment