Friday, January 7, 2011

Stir Up the Gift....

Do you have a dream in your heart that never goes away?  Do you had ludicrous thoughts of unattainable things or fleeting moments of a dream that takes you to an entirely different destination then where you sit?  If you are brave enough to speak out loud you would say, "yes".  How am I so sure?  I know God planted dreams in all of us when He created us....Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...” 2 Timothy 1:6
We all posses gifts that need "stirring up".  But, instead we live in someone other persons' dream. We let them put out our fires, rain on our parades, even worse, we allow the spirit of doubt to say it isn't possible. Tragically, we no longer possess the confidence to live out our God given gifts. This blog is the beginning of my "white picket fence", the dream that puts me right where God wants me.  Since this isn't really the book I've been working on, only a blog...I'm not going to bother editing...can't believe I just said that....rather than re-write...I will just correct myself as I go...seems a little more fitting for this journey.  So, instead of saying beginning of my "white picket fence"...I'm changing it to a "new section of the fence"......

I have so much to share and will be starting all over in some future posts, but for today I want you to dig up that old dream, the white picket fence, if you will, and write it down.  Ok, so, you won't write it down will you?  Fear is in the way.  Doubt has consumed you.  What will others think?  It is way out of reach now.  My days are numbered.  What if I told you that your dream you had is not gone it just has a different name?  Can you humor me for a bit?  Let's take a look at a few scenarios: Marriage...didn't turn out like you expected?  Don't worry...I have much more on that one later...Children...don't have any? Frustrated with the ones you have?...Talent...did it get lost along the way?....Music, Sports, Art and Dance?  How about the places you thought you would go or maybe the people you thought would always be around?  Did you think work would be so hard, so unrewarding, did money always seem so important?  Wow, I'm already done reading my own blog....I think I've heard enough!  Good News... Read All About It!... right in the most trusted source of all time, God's Word... You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. (Philippians 4:13).  That's right, ALL things, but not without God given strength.  You will want to stay tuned because I have stories of what it's like to do things on our own strength.  I have personal stories and stories of others who with good intentions nearly lost everything!  Are you ready for the journey?  The white picket fence gets weathered along the way and needs some primer and paint, but I'm hopeful that I will one day live again with that "perfect" marriage(yes...I am aware...but I am sure there is a perfect one for me) and that white picket fence I so long to have.  I am hopeful that you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment