Saturday, January 22, 2011

Someday...Now

If your day is anything like mine it is packed full of things to do and places to go.  The time on the clock always runs out before I am finished crossing things off my list. My list is made up of  non-negotiable things first, important responsibilities next and finally my wishful thinking.  The dreams and hopeful ideas, sadly, never make it on the daily "to-do's."

Do you find yourself saying, "Someday, I will"....and you fill in the blank.  Maybe on your someday...you will travel to another state or country, see the ocean or the mountains, ride a horse or fly in an airplane.  You could read a novel or write one.  Someday you will get around to scrap-booking all your family photos or painting beautiful portraits.  Here is a familiar one...someday you will fit into those clothes again.  You might even say someday we will spend time together or we should really visit mom and dad or an old friend from the past.  Our "someday" is today.  "Someday" is now.  If you don't act on it...time, very well, may run out. 

I encourage you to do what you can each day to make your "some days" a reality, and live life to the fullest.  Break those big goals down to a daily plan of action that will get you to your end result...and once in a while crumble up the list, reward yourself and fulfill a dream from the "someday plan!"  It will energize you and help you understand that there is a valuable purpose to what you do daily. You will find that your white picket fence is bigger than you ever imagined.  I know of a man who has a white picket fence around everything he owns.  His wealth is shown by his property far and wide. And his white picket fence is defined by what he owns not what he did.  I like to make a list of all my dreams that have come to pass...and all the people that were a part of them...and imagine a white picket fence around all of it.  My success is not measured by what I own, but by the lives I have touched.  What is your success measured by?  Your someday is now!  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."~ Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment