Sunday, March 20, 2011

When I lack knowledge

There are some areas in which I just lack knowledge.  When this happens, I either don't do them at all, or I get help from someone who does have the knowledge.  However, there are areas of life that we have to perform well in even when we lack the knowledge.  When you have your first child you may lack the knowledge of changing a diaper or getting a baby to sleep through the night.  Often times, we lack knowledge through many of their growing stages.  We rely on books or advice from parents who's children have already been there and done that.  We lack knowledge in a new job and rely on the training provided or a senior mentor.  We lack wisdom when it comes to tough parenting decisions, financial budgeting, schooling for our children, career changes, moving, relationships.  The list of areas where we fall short in knowing...can be overwhelming, and sometimes we don't have access to the resources that could help us. 

So. what do we do?  Faith is the answer.  When we trust God to provide an answer and look for His leading we are strong where we lack knowledge.  What if our faith is weak?  The reality of life is... our faith is tested all the time.  It is a real possibility that we have moments where our faith is weak.  When tragedy happens in our life or in the lives of those we love, when good people or even strong Christian people make bad decisions, when depression from hurts done to us take root, or when it seems all odds are against us... our faith can wobble.  Then what?  Lean on your knowledge or the knowledge of others....lean on the Bible, the most trusted source of truth.  I am so thankful for my memory at times... because when my faith is weak I remember what I have studied in God's word to help me through.

When I lack the knowledge I am so very thankful that my Faith in the One who loves me most will make a way! (Scriptures to read on Faith: Matt.6:25-34; Heb.11; Ps. 119:56-72; Prov. 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment