Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seasons Change

Just as the natural seasons of the year come and go without fail, seasons of  life change without fail.  We become so self-absorbed in our hurts and hangups that we miss the beauty in each season of our life.  Parents often say,"Where did the time go? My children grew up so fast." You find yourself looking back on the events of your life and feel discouraged because you never reached all the desires of your heart. Spending time looking at the failures or missed goals behind you will leave you in bad weather all the time. It's good to learn from them but not to dwell on them.  Better days do come, and blessings are always there. Every dream in your heart was placed there by God.  It is not too late to act on it, and God has every intention of bringing it to pass. The trouble is...you can't see it because you don't believe it. I haven't quite grasped why it's so difficult to allow the seasons in our life to change without discouragement. I'm still working on that one daily, but weather is such a mirror image of the seasons of life.  There are nights that the storms keep me awake and evenings when I am in my basement following a tornado warning on the news.  Yet, in the summer months, I am am enjoying the heat of sun in my bathing suit and watching my children play on the beach.  The snow storms particularly intrigue me as they cover all that is dirty with their beauty, but when they melt they leave behind an even bigger mess!  I can be good at covering up a mess, but...oh, how temporary...and then I have a lot of muck to walk in.  Rain is my favorite...it washes snow and dirt away, and I even like the smell of rain.  New flowers and green grass appear in the days that follow...but even then, weeds so generously rear their heads.  You will always have favorite seasons of life however, with beauty hardships still come....you have certainly heard the analogy of the rose...so magnificent yet surrounded by thorns...If you will allow yourself to change your thinking about the "circle of life" we live in...believing that all things do work together for your good, that your Father in Heaven does love you and desires to bless you...then maybe today the changes you are facing won't seem so hard after all....just let the seasons change. Not only will you begin to appreciate all that they have to offer, but you will find that the blessing was worth the pain, dreams do come true, and there really is a silver lining .....

No comments:

Post a Comment