Thursday, June 9, 2011

Powerless?

I didn't save an unborn child from an abortion, I didn't heal a broken heart, I didn't have a cure for certain death, I didn't take the pain away from a cancer patient undergoing chemo, and I couldn't even help a friend in financial crisis.  When a mother lost her child, and a man lost his wife in a car accident, injustice clearly happened....I couldn't do a thing, and I had no words of comfort...I was powerless.
Or, was I?

When your friend goes through a divorce they never wanted, loses a job that provides for their family, has a rebellious child or is unjustly accused....what do you do?  Are we really powerless? Do we just have to play the cards that are dealt to us?  Or, do we have choices?  I know we have choices on how we react, but do we have a say in what really happens to us each day?  I believe we do.  We have power in the very name of Jesus.  When our hopes and dreams are to bring Him glory...the desires of our hearts will come to pass.  We can pray in the mighty name of Jesus for all the hurts going on around us.  We can ask for a hedge of protection around our home and family.  We can bring all our requests before the Lord and He will hear us.  We can plead on the behalf of our brother and sister, and know that God will take care of them.  Never feel powerless over pain...offer help when you are able, but love unconditionally, and pray for your friends and family when they can't pray for themselves.  God is powerful, and He will ultimately bring to pass what will point others in His direction. Anyone who has survived the "unthinkable" will give you hope...that God was with them, and they couldn't have survived their circumstance with out His supernatural intervention.

Please hear my heart...if your prayers are not answered in the "fair" way you believe that they should be answered...and the hedge of protection is lifted...God is not finished.  He has not forgotten you and He has not rejected you.  He knows what your future holds.  He only gives us what we can bear at the time...He is more powerful than the pain you face, and He will give strength to the powerless. Trust Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment